Shawn C. Whittaker, Esq. is the principal in the law firm Whittaker|Myers, P.C. in Rockville, Maryland. His practice focuses on construction, business, collection, and contract law. Mr. Whittaker has represented individuals and entities in the consumer, commercial, and government fields. He earned his B.A. degree from Louisiana State University and J.D. and M.A. degrees from American University. Mr. Whittaker practices in all of the federal and state courts located in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. Mr. Whittaker was born in New Orleans and spent his childhood years in Shreveport and Baton Rouge, Louisiana and now lives in Rockville, Maryland with his wife Cynthia and his two children Savannah and Landry.
In addition, Mr. Whittaker represents numerous private schools with collecting tuition.
Mr. Whittaker taught business law at the University of Northern Virginia and continuing legal education classes in Advanced Contracts and Construction Law.
Mr. Whittaker is licensed to practice in the following Courts:
- All Maryland State Courts
- All Virginia Commonwealth Courts
- Superior Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for Maryland
- United States Bankruptcy Court for Virginia
- The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Virtual Development and Defense International, Inc. v. The Republic of Moldova, 133 F. Supp. 2d 9 (D.D.C 2001).
- Williams v. Hancock, 16 Fed. Appx. 138 (4th Cir. 2001).
- Bannum, Inc. v. Citizens for a Safe Ward Five, Inc., 383 F. Supp. 2d 32 (D.D.C. 2005).
- Bannum, Inc. v. D.C. Board of Zoning Adjustment, 894 A.2d 423 (D.C. 2006).
- Bannum, Inc. v. D.C. Board of Zoning Adjustment, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 13798 (D.D.C., Mar. 30, 2006).
- Bannum, Inc. v. District of Columbia, 433 F. Supp. 2d 1 (D.D.C. 2006).
- United States on behalf of LGS Group, LLC v. Tesoro Corp. 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 91975 (E.D. Va. 2008).
- United States on behalf of D.L.I. Inc. v. Allegheny Jefferson Millwork, LLC, 540 F. Supp. 2d 165 (2008).
- University of Northern Virginia, Inc. v. Tiffin University, Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 110436 (N.D. Oh. 2010).
- Bannum, Inc. v. 2210 Adams Place, NE, LLC, 4 A.3d 431 (D.C. 2010).