Mr. Whittaker began his legal while in law school working in a small law firm, first as a law clerk and then as an associate attorney. During that time, Mr. Whittaker was often in court litigating cases focusing on collection and contract law. In so doing, Mr. Whittaker handles collections for materials suppliers, which started his interest in construction law.
In 2002, Mr. Whittaker started Whittaker & Associates, PC to focus on construction law while still handling collection and contract matters. Today, Mr. Whittaker’s practice focuses on construction, business, collection, and contract law. However, Mr. Whittaker has provided legal services to clients, large and small, in numerous other areas. Since becoming an attorney in 1999, Mr. Whittaker has provided legal representation to hundreds of people and entities, varying in size from individuals to non-profits to small entities to international corporations, in the consumer, commercial, and government fields. Mr. Whittaker works closely and receives referrals from many lawyers and firms in the metropolitan area as well as the United States.
In construction, Mr. Whittaker represents residential and commercial owners, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers throughout the District of Columbia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia.
Whittaker & Associates handles collections for all types of businesses including medical practices, schools, collection agencies, court reporters, lenders, IT companies, government contractors, consultants, landlords, and anyone else owed money.
Raised in Louisiana, Mr. Whittaker attended the Louisiana State University, where he graduated cum laude in 1995. In 1996, Mr. Whittaker moved to the District of Columbia to attend American University.
In 1999, Mr. Whittaker obtained a Juris Doctor and Master of Art’s degree from the American University in Washington, DC. Mr. Whittaker practices in all of the federal and state courts of Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia, and has litigated and arbitrated cases in many other jurisdictions.
Mr. Whittaker lives in Flower Valley in Rockville, Maryland with his wife Cynthia, their daughter Savannah and son Landry.
Mr. Whittaker is licensed to practice in the following Courts:
- All Maryland State Courts
- All Virginia Commonwealth Courts
- Superior Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for Maryland
- United States Bankruptcy Court for Virginia
- The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Virtual Development and Defense International, Inc. v. The Republic of Moldova, 133 F. Supp. 2d 9 (D.D.C 2001).
- Williams v. Hancock, 16 Fed. Appx. 138 (4th Cir. 2001).
- Bannum, Inc. v. Citizens for a Safe Ward Five, Inc., 383 F. Supp. 2d 32 (D.D.C. 2005).
- Bannum, Inc. v. D.C. Board of Zoning Adjustment, 894 A.2d 423 (D.C. 2006).
- Bannum, Inc. v. D.C. Board of Zoning Adjustment, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 13798 (D.D.C., Mar. 30, 2006).
- Bannum, Inc. v. District of Columbia, 433 F. Supp. 2d 1 (D.D.C. 2006).
- United States on behalf of LGS Group, LLC v. Tesoro Corp. 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 91975 (E.D. Va. 2008).
- United States on behalf of D.L.I. Inc. v. Allegheny Jefferson Millwork, LLC, 540 F. Supp. 2d 165 (2008).
- University of Northern Virginia, Inc. v. Tiffin University, Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 110436 (N.D. Oh. 2010).
- Bannum, Inc. v. 2210 Adams Place, NE, LLC, 4 A.3d 431 (D.C. 2010).